Інститут Суспільних Ініціатив оголошує набір учасників на міжнародний проект Road to Gender Equality, що відбудеться 6-12 травня у Львові та 23-28 червня у Магдебурзі (Німеччина). Проект реалізується в програмі підтримки «MEET UP! Німецько–українські зустрічі молоді» фонду «Пам‘ять, відповідальність та майбутнє» (EVZ).
Discrimination based on sex, gender identity and sexual orientation is widespread across the world. To stop the propagation of stereotypes and attitudes that reinforce discrimination and violence is thus important to encourage the future generation to consider a gender sensitive approach and integrate a gender equality perspective, in order to produce social change.
This project will give opportunity to 22 young people from Germany and Ukraine to increase awareness on gender issues and to support them in playing an active role in promoting gender equality by using variety of creative methods.
Aims of the project:
This 2-phase project for young people from Germany and Ukraine aims at:
- deepening the understanding of Human Rights for young people;
- increasing the knowledge on gender equality issues;
- examining existing cases and analyzing approaches on how to address gender mainstreaming and gender culture in the media;
- introducing to young people creative methods for emracing social change in their communitites;
- encouraging youth to play a key role as media advocates, and cultivate a media world free of gender discrimination;
- promotion of intercultural dialogue between young people of Germany and Ukraine
Throughout the project we will use such methods as storytelling, sensory labyrinth theatre and videomaking as tools for countering and decounstructing gender stereotypes and gender roles.
This project is for you if:
- You are 16-30 years old young person from Ukraine;
- Have at least intermediate level of English;
- Interested in human rights/gender issues;
- No prior photography/videomaking experience is required, but having one is a plus.
It is expected that the participants commit for the total duration of the project and participate in both phases of the project in Ukraine and in Germany.
More detailed information about the project is available here: Road to Gender Equality Infopack
How to apply:
please fill in the application form Road to Gender Equality Application Form by 15th of April 2019.
We will contact only selected candidates latest by 18th of April 2019.
In case of any questions please e-mail project coordinator Anna, firstname.lastname@example.org.