Інститут Суспільних Ініціатив оголошує набір учасників на міжнародний молодіжний обмін GEM – Promoting Gender Equality in and through Media, що відбудеться 1-10 квітня у Карпатському селищі Славське (Львівська область). Мова проекту – англійська. Проект здійснюється за підтримки Erasmus+.
This project is for you, if:
- you are 18-30 years old;
- you are citizen of Ukraine;
- you have at least the intermediate level of English;
- you are interested in the topic of gender equality;
- you would like to improve your meida skills (photography and videomaking ), and discover more about the role of media in human rights’ advocacy.
About the project:
GEM (Gender Equality in and through Media) is a Youth Exchange that aims at giving opportunity to young people to increase awareness on gender equality issues and to support them in playing an active role in gender mainstreaming in social media. Throughout the exchange, young participants will embrace diverse gender identities and investigate conditions that symbolize an equitable society. The project positively promotes an inclusive media culture and intends to inspire young people to think critically about gender roles as seen and portrayed in social and mass media. As the result of the project participants will create short videos for a social media campaign.
- to give a deeper understanding of the concept of gender equality;
- to support and improve competences of young people, such as digital, social and civic competence, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, cultural awareness and expression by providing them with practical skills in visual media approaches (videomaking and photography);
- to enhance the awareness about the importance of gendered media and societies;
- to foster young people media literacy and critical thinking skills;
- to examine existing cases and analyze approaches on how to address gender mainstreaming and gender culture in the media;
- encourage youth to play a key role as media advocates and cultivate a media world free of gender discrimination;
- to increase awareness of Erasmus + and EU values and promote youth mobility in the framework of European programmes.
Armenia, Belarus, Cyprus, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Spain, UK, Ukraine
Organisers cover accomodation, food and travel expences. Participants’ contribution – 30 Eur to be paid upon arrival to the venue.
How to apply:
please fill in the application form Gender Equality in and through Media by 28 of February 2019.
We will contact only selected candidates latest by 4th of Marh 2019.
In case of any questions please contact project coordinator Anna via email@example.com